This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Accessing the data measurements through the archieve file

Apr 10, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Hi

I am a new member, I successfuly  installed OpenPDC and the configuration. However, I still don't know how to access the archieve historian file. I need to access the data measurements through the historian file, in order to analys the data. Can anyone please help me?

I deeply appreciate your help.

Many thanks

wlb09194

May 3, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Hi

You can use the Historian Playback Utility. The executable is in the same directory where you installed the openPDC.

Regards,

JD

May 7, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Thanks Juan - that is correct! In later versions of the openPDC you can also you the "Historian Trending" tool as well.

Ritchie

May 24, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Hi Ritchie,

I looked for the TVAhistorian file and I found a folder called (historianplaybackutility), and inside the folder there is only one file called (settings). I opened the file and here what I found;

<?xml version="1.0" ?>

- <settings>
- <lastWindowSize>
  <add name="Main" value="{Width=700, Height=600}" />
  </lastWindowSize>
- <lastWindowLocation>
  <add name="Main" value="{X=295,Y=28}" />
  </lastWindowLocation>
  </settings>

Can you please tell me how can I use this to run the  Historian Playback Utility? I would apreciate your help.

Many thanks,

wlb09194

Jun 29, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Try installing one of the newer version 1.5 release preview - lot's of new items and two historian tools you can use:

openPDC version 1.5 Download

Thanks!
Ritchie