This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Mapping Calculated Measurements to a Virtual Device

May 18, 2012 at 4:33 PM

I am trying to take calculated measurements (outputs from a custom action adapter) and have them as inputs to a virtual device. I want to do this so that I can map these calculated measurements to another adapter which connects to our EMS system. It is not as simple as having the inputMeasurementKeys of the second adapter correspond to the outputMeasurements of my adapter because I need the calculated measurements to have a 'SIGNALREFERENCE' parameter in order to be mapped properly to the EMS.

I think I can do this by creating a virtual device and selecting my output measurements as measurements for that device. However, when I do this, I do not see any values showing up in the Monitoring drill-down list.

Any suggestions/ideas?

Thanks,

Kevin

Jun 29, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Trying to better underatand what you are trying to do - are you wanting to create a virtual device in the output stream and then associate custom measurements? If so this can be done, but the interface is a little clunky - click the followig link for instructions:

http://openpdc.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Manager Configuration&referringTitle=Documentation#create_outputdevices

Thanks!
Ritchie