This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Capture and replay through OpenPDC

May 24, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Hello,

I captured some data using PMUConnectionTester (TestCapture.PmuCapture) after pointing to the default SHELBY signal.  I am trying to figure out how to replay this data via OpenPDC.  Can anyone help?

In OpenPDC manager, I added a new device (Devices->Add New).  I add a distinct acronym (TJ) and configure a connection string (shown below), the remaining values were kept as defaults, enable the device and save the device configuration. 

file=C:\Documents and Settings\d3m536\Desktop\PowerNet\CapturedData\TestCapture.PmuCapture; definedframerate=30; simulatetimestamp=true; autorepeatfile=true; transportprotocol=file;
Next, I issued the "Initialize" command, saved settings again, and switched to the "Home" view where I selected the device I created.  Here I expected to see the captured data to replay.  And, I see an empty graph.  Navigating to stream statistics, I see that my virtual device is grayed out.

Any help is much appreciated,

TJ

Coordinator
Jun 29, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Is the "Enabled" checkbox set? Might compare the settings with the default Shelby device. Did you use the "Input Wizard" to create the new device? That might be easier - you can actually just use a saved connection file from the connection tester to setup the new sample device. The openPDC and PMU Connection Tester use the same code, so if you can pull it up in connection tester you can pull it up openPDC...

Let use know if this still gives you trouble...

Thanks!
Ritchie