This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

problemas with "MaxHistoricArchiveFiles" parameter

Jun 29, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Hi, people. I have an openPDC receiving data from some PMUs, and I'm trying to use the "MaxHistoricArchiveFiles" parameter (session <ppaArchiveFile> in the openPDC.exe.Config file), but the openPDC isn't "respecting" this configuration. I set it to 200 files, for example, but the openPDC isn't deleting the old files. I tried to use the "ArchiveOffloadLocation" and the "ArchiveOffloadCount" parameters, and they didn't work too. The number of data files simply increases.

The openPDC is version: 1.4.210.0 - dec/2011, working in a Windows Server 2008. The operating system language is Portuguese, but I already changed the language settings to English, and nothing happened.

I have an other old openPDC version running here (an "ancient" changeset 42119 mar/2010), and these parameters work well. Additionally, in the new version I changed the location of the data files ("name="FileName" value="d:\openpdc\archive\ppa_archive.d"), and this is working fine.

Do you have some trick to use these parameters? Has anybody been having problems like this nowadays?

Thanks, Marcelo.  

Coordinator
Jun 29, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Yeah - once we disabled the file watchers this got broken, sorry about that. We had to disable the file watchers to overcome a .NET issue :-( - however, we've corrected this in later releases:

Download the latest openPDC version 1.5

Thanks!
Ritchie

Jul 5, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Ritchie, the "MaxHistoricArchiveFiles" parameter is working well in the version 1.5.90.0, but not the "ArchiveOffloadLocation" and "ArchiveOffloadThreshold". The openPDC isn't moving the historic files to the "ArchiveOffloadLocation" when the disk reaches "ArchiveOffloadThreshold".

In my openPDC, the historic is located in a partition different from the operating system ("FileName" = "d:\openpdc\archive\ppa_archive.d" in the <ppaArchiveFile> section of the "openPDC.exe.Config"). Could it be a problem?

Could you confirm if this feature is enable?

Thanks!

Coordinator
Jul 9, 2012 at 3:14 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.