This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Output from openPDC

Nov 26, 2012 at 10:29 PM

I am trying to get some kind of output from openPDC but have been unsuccessful. I installed openPDC with the sample data but am not sure how I can get this sample data ultimately into a PI Historian but can start with putting it into a csv file. What needs to be setup after a fresh openPDC install to get the sample data to output into a csv file?

I am using the latest build of openPDC and the following for my Historian

Type Name: CsvAdapters.CsvOutputAdapter

Assembly Name: CsvAdapters.dll

Connection String: {file=C:\Program Files\openPDC\measurements.csv}

Nov 28, 2012 at 5:55 PM

I think my problem is that I do not understand the relationship between output adapters, output streams, and historians. I created an output adapter for the csv file output but only the file is created and no data is output (I am still trying to use the sample data). If someone could explain the relationship between those 3 then it would help me understand a lot better what my problem could be.

Thanks in advance!

Nov 28, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Edited Nov 29, 2012 at 4:29 PM

was able to get the csv output to work by using "FileName" instead of "file" in the connection string for the historian

Nov 29, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Hello exosyphon,

I'm glad you got the CSV adapter working. As for the relationship between output adapters, output streams, and historians: a historian is an output adapter. An output stream is an action adapter which concentrates the input measurements and produces a network stream which can be in IEEE C37.118 format.

Hope that helps,
Stephen

Nov 29, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Thanks for that information Stephen, that really helps me understand more of what needs to be configured. However, I am still trying to get the connection between openPDC and my PI Server working. I am using the AdoOutputAdapter which I'm not 100% sure is the correct adapter to send IEEE C37.118 to the PI Server.

This is the error I am receiving:

Connection attempt failed: ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

This is my configuration I am trying:

Type Name: AdoAdapters.AdoOutputAdapter

Assembly Name: AdoAdapters.dll

Connection String: DbConnectionString={DataSource=192.168.86.151;Initial Catalog=ELOCOSSEEWEB;Integrated Security=SSPI;}; DataProviderString={AssemblyName={System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089}; ConnectionType=System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection;    AdapterType=System.Data.Odbc.OdbcDataAdapter}; BulkInsertLimit=1024; TimestampFormat=dd-MMM-yyyy HH:mm:ss.fff;

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Andrew