This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

[PPA_Name] system exercised evasive action to converse memory and dumped 500000 unprocessed measurements from the output queue :(

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Hi there,

I am currently using MySQLAdapter as my primary historian and found that in the system console it displays " [PPA_Name] there are xxxxxx unprocessed measurements in the output queue" and eventually shows "[PPA_Name] system exercised evasive action to converse memory and dumped 500000 unprocessed measurements from the output queue :( " I believe it may have something to do with the server optimization. My server spec is Xeon dual core 3ghz with 4gb ram and presently only 3 PMUs are reporting to the PDC.

I am pretty new to MySQL and wonder if anyone can advise how to optimize the server in the configuration so that it will not lose any data being archived.

Also in the forum I found a lot of people are using AdoAdapter to archvie data to MySQL server, is it a more effective way to use MySQL server as historian? Please advise?

Any suggestion/comment would be greatly appreciated!

Coordinator
Jan 16, 2013 at 2:51 PM

You might try moving MySQL to a machine with a faster disk (e.g., SSD). MySQL is not going to perform well as a historian. Have you tried using the built-in historian with the openPDC?

Ritchie

Jan 17, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Thank you for your suggestion Ritchie!

I will give a try with the built-in historian. Other than built-in historian, is there any other database you will also suggest?

Thanks so much again!

Jan 17, 2013 at 1:14 PM
I believe that OSI-PI has been used as a historian

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 8:47 AM, rexwong <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Thank you for your suggestion Ritchie!

I will give a try with the built-in historian. Other than built-in historian, is there any other database you will also suggest?

Thanks so much again!

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (openpdc@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email openpdc@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Patrick Pentz