This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Automated Archive Data Recovery Operation

Developer
Apr 4, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Is Automated Archive Data Recovery Operation functional? The documentation only show a figure.

Renan
Coordinator
Apr 15, 2013 at 5:06 PM
This was coded and shelved due to lack of interest - we were considering bringing this back in a future build. Is this something you would be interested in testing / deploying?

Thanks,
Ritchie
Developer
Apr 17, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Hello Ritchie,
Is it possible to export a set of measurements from a group of PMUs from one openPDC and import into another openPDC in a manually way?

Renan
Coordinator
Apr 17, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Sure - if real-time you can "subscribe" to measurements from one PDC to another, as long as you have an active historian, you can "subscribe" to a historical range of data... What do you have in mind?

Ritchie
Developer
Apr 18, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Today I am using two OpenPDCs. OpenPDC_1 is receiving synchrophasors from 18 PMUs and sending them as one single stream to OpenPDC_2. OpenPDC_1 and OpenPDC_2 are geographically apart. From time to time I have problems with my communication system and I loose the stream from OpenPDC_1 to OpenPDC_2 for a period of time - this problems only affects OpenPDC_2; it does not affect the communication between the 18 PMUs and OpenPDC_1. The communication system gets back to work, and OpenPDC_2 starts to receive again the stream from OpenPDC_1.
Here comes my problem. How can I fill the gap that now I have on my OpenPDC_2 ?

Renan
Coordinator
Apr 18, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Got it... The shelved auto-recovery sounds exactly like what you would need.

We are certainly going to include this in a future build - I just don't think we have time to include it the official 1.5 SP1 about to be released.

What kind of historian are you using?

Thanks,
Ritchie