This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

what's the status of openHistorian?

Aug 6, 2013 at 12:54 AM
I have notice that "Grid Solution Framework" has a namespace called "GSF.Historian", which contains the same codes as in old openPDC. Does that mean openPDC 2.0 will not integrate openHistorian in it, but still use the old historian codes?

I also noticed that the codes of openHistorian haven't been updated since February.

Does anyone here knows the latest progress of openHistorian? Is it still active? What's GPA's future plan about it?

thanks a lot.
Aug 6, 2013 at 3:42 AM
I also want to know, Are you playing some Application use openPDC ? we can Communicate with each other。
Aug 6, 2013 at 5:56 AM
I work for WSU, and also a developer for openPDC project.
WSU developed SE and Oscillation Detection solutions based on openPDC. However, in WSU, we never use openPDC.exe directly.
I developed my own framework based on openPDC, which is lighter and easier to use.

What kind of team do you work in? university or industry?
What kind of power system analysis do you perform with openPDC?
Aug 6, 2013 at 7:24 AM
I am work In industry. Our Company Product is Real time DataBase 。Recently,we are developing some porjects about the Electric industry. so I am studying openPDC . we will test the openPDC performance. if openPDC is better I will use it . otherwise, I will develope my own framework base on openPDC.
we want to develop our OutputAdapter as same as PI
Aug 6, 2013 at 5:54 PM
openPDC is mainly used for calculation and analysis, storage is not its strong point.

if you want a database, you may be more interested in openHistorian.

Can I know the name of your company? I am also doing some research about realtime database for power system now.

thanks.
Aug 7, 2013 at 2:18 AM
My Company is in China. Chinese name is "北京庚顿数据科技有限公司" English Name is "Golden" .
Aug 7, 2013 at 5:14 AM
哈哈,我也是中国人。目前在华盛顿州立大学工作,另外,我也参与了openPDC的开发。

如果你们公司的产品是做实时库,你可以看openPDC。不过openPDC是一个计算平台,包括有如何在内存中处理数据的内容,不过openPDC的功能远远超过一个实时库。
如果是历史库,应该看openHistorian。

openHistorian的作者给我回复了email,自今年2月以后,openHistorian的代码不再在codeplex上公开了。有可能会在今年的GPA User Forum后上传最新代码。
Aug 7, 2013 at 6:57 AM
哈哈 ,非常激动 。。很高兴能遇见你 能留下联系方式吗 ?咱们可以私下探讨这方面的技术。