This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

How to use Comtrade.dll in openpDC 2.0

Nov 16, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Hi,

i want to export the data in comtrade format for phasor values say every 15sec,.
Is it required to create Historian instance using Comtrade.dll to get in actions adapter list ?

somehow i am unable to use this feature , could you guide me in achieving this output.

Thanx.
Rajkumar
Nov 19, 2013 at 2:40 PM
By default you can setup the system with a local historian to archive your data then use the Historian Trending Tool to export data to COMTRADE format.

Are you wanting an adapter to automatically archive in COMTRADE format?

Thanks,
Ritchie
Nov 20, 2013 at 2:38 AM
Thanx , in historian trending tool i am able to see only statics related measurements for export in comtrade format.

I have configured the Action adpater with comtrde dll. during configuration input measurements keys are taken from Some PMU phasors(click here to edit parameter ), i am not sure, whether do i need to create output measurements(channels for every measurement) to be created ?

You are correct , we are in the requirement for data to be exported automatically for say 15 seconds( ex : 10 seconds after trigger and 5 seconds before data, here triggering may be manual, automatic triggering may be through event detection or alarm).

Local historian is storing data in ppa_archive .D format along with ppa_dbase and ppa_startup ,like that can we store data in .dat file along with .cfg files in compatible with COMTRADE at some location continuously?

thanx
Rajkumar