This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Running Hadoop Jobs on OpenPDC data

Dec 14, 2013 at 6:17 PM
I am a 2nd year Electrical Engineering student and along with a professor we are working on project to assess the viability in using cloud computing on certain smart-grid applications. Along our research we stumbled across OpenPDC and thought it could be a useful tool for our work.
Our current idea is to analyze streams of data using hadoop. (Simple operations on large amounts of data)

I'm new to this environment and much of the language thrown around here is fairly unknown to me but I am in search of some help to get this done.

I am using a laptop running Ubuntu in which I installed a Windows Server 2008 virtual machine just to run OpenPDC. I successfully installed MS SQL Server and OpenPDC on it. However, it seems like it isn't able to connect to the service (I always get the red dot on the right upper corner).
I have tried it with both v2 and v1.5 with no success. I am wondering if you can give me some pointers on how to solve this.

Also, I believe I read somewhere that there are some operations Hadoop codes available but I can't manage to find them.

Thanks,
Tiago Seabra
Dec 14, 2013 at 9:12 PM
Hi Tiago,

We are doing a proof of concept using openPDC and hadoop/hive hosted in Amazon Web Services. We can help you and exchange some info. You can reach me at smafra@ons.org.br. All best,

Sérgio Mafra
Jan 29, 2014 at 4:05 PM
Hello,

We are writing some code in python to read the .d files in order to run map/reduce jobs. Has anyone around experienced with that?

All best,

Sérgio Mafra