This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Quality Report is empty

Mar 15, 2015 at 3:01 PM
Hello All ,
I've tried to generate some Quality Report using "Reporting/Completeness Reports" menu and also by the program "StatHistorianReportGenerator.exe" but the report is always empty.

I'm using openPDC update to Version 2.1.59 (03/06/2015) and I have the system running since a couple of weeks receiving data from virtual phasor units, besides the native SHELBY device.

Is there any configuration to make in order to accomplish this task?

I've searched the site for help but almost no one seems to use this feature yet.

I wonder someone could help me.

Thanks,
Coordinator
Mar 16, 2015 at 5:11 PM
Hello UserOpenPDC,

The openPDC Completeness Report relies on two statistics per device: Measurements Received and Measurements Expected. The openPDC's statistics engine tracks these two statistics and then the statistic data is stored in the STAT historian archive. The StatHistorianReportGenerator program uses the data stored in the STAT historian to generate the completeness reports.

The openPDC's default configuration should have everything you need in order for all this to work. That said, I do have an idea of what might cause the report to be empty. If the Measurements Expected statistic is 0, the StatHistorianReportGenerator assumes the device has been deliberately brought offline and will therefore not include that device in the report. Measurements Expected is calculated based on the frame rate of the device and the amount of time the device is online. Also, it will only be calculated for a device if there is a statistic measurement defined for the device. If all devices are reporting 0 measurements expected or if the measurements expected stat is not even being stored in the STAT historian, the report would always be empty.

Given that, you can try the following three things to help pinpoint where the problem lies.
  • In the openPDC Manager, go to "Monitoring > Stream Statistics" and check that the "Measurements Received" and "Measurements Expected" statistics have non-zero values. This will verify whether the statistics engine is working and what values are being reported at runtime for the statistics.
  • In the openPDC Console, type "list /o". This will print out a list of output adapters in the system as well as provide a short status message for each. Ensure that the STAT historian is archiving measurements. This will verify that the STAT historian is working.
  • In the Historian Trending Tool (HistorianView.exe), plot the Measurements Received (!PMU-ST4) and Measurements Expected (!PMU-ST5) stats for one of your devices to ensure that the data stored in the STAT historian is non-zero. This will verify whether the statistics are actually being stored in the archive, whether they are readable, and whether the values of those statistics are correct.
Thanks,
Stephen
Mar 18, 2015 at 11:14 AM
Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your fast response.

The "Stream Statistics" was not displaying anything.
Then, I notice that, for some odd reason, the "STATISTICAL!SERVICES" Action Adapter was disabled.
I've enabled it and now I'll wait till tomorrow to generate the report.

Best regards!