This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Problem to re-attempt connection after disconnect

Dec 2, 2015 at 10:04 AM
Hi,

I already installed open PDC with SQL Server database.

I tried to read synchrophasor data using open PDC to connect to two identical PMUs.

At first I already succeeded to view all of snychrophasor data in both of PMUs by using PMU connection tester. So I saved connection and configuration file.

After that I tried to use open PDC manager to analyze all of synchrophasor data in both of PMUs, until now I cannot analyze data using open PDC manager because open PDC manager failed to connect to both of PMUs although the PMU connection tester is still connected.

Furthermore I disconnected PMU connection tester from both of PMUs and once again tried to connect by open PDC Manager but I am failed again.

I tried to reconnect again by using PMU connection tester but it is failed to connect. I tried to use another computer but it cannot be connected to both of PMUs by using PMU connection tester or open PDC manager.

Could you help me to solve this issue?

I tried to analyze network by using wireshark, from data capture in wireshark my computer is still connected to PMU although I already closed PMU connection tester and open PDC Manager so I stopped OpenPDC service and my computer stop connected to both of PMUs. After that another computer can be connected to both of PMUs by using only PMU connection tester neither open PDC Manager.

Is it impossible to connect to one PMU from two PMU connection tester simultaneously?

Could you also advise how can I connect both of PMUs to open PDC manager?

Thank you for your attention.

Sincerely yours,

Kevin Soeyanto
Coordinator
Feb 5, 2016 at 5:29 PM
Generally you cannot connect one PMU directly to another. The typical pattern is to connect to a PMU with a PDC, then PDCs can connect to each other...

Depending on the vendor, some PMUs may not support multiple connections or may be limited to a certain number of connections, e.g., 2.

Thanks,
Ritchie