This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

OpenPDC Manager doesn't show data from some tables

Jan 20, 2010 at 3:58 PM

Good Afternoon,

I'm trying the Manager instead of manually configuring it.

I'm using version 40430, and openPDC-SampleDataSet.mdb file from the same version.

I've changed the path's and the .mdb permission to allow the IIS user to change the file.

Here comes somethings I've noticed:

1) When I create a node without setting the company, it creates the node in the .mdb file, but it doesn't appear in the Manager interface

2) The Historian is also saved when created, but it doesn't appear in the interface as well.

3) The Measurements were also created by the wizard, but don't appear in the interface.

If I click on Measurements from Devices, I can see it. If I click on Measurements from the Manage - Measurements menu, it doesn't work.

I checked the mdb file opening MS Access, so I can see the data there, but not in the Manager interface.

So I only can see the Nodes and Devices list, but not the Measurements (from Manage menu) menu and Historians list.

The combo boxes shows the data, the problem is the list.

Any guess? :)

Thanks and Regards,

Luiz Henrique

Developer
Jan 20, 2010 at 5:17 PM

Hi Luiz,

I was able to reproduce #1 on my side. The fix is to change "NodeDetail" query to use LEFT JOIN. This is a bug as CompanyID is not a required field in the Node table. Please modify NodeDetail query as below:

SELECT N.ID, N.Name, IIf(IsNull(N.CompanyID),0,N.CompanyID) AS CompanyID, IIf(IsNull(N.Longitude),0,N.Longitude) AS Longitude, IIf(IsNull(N.Latitude),0,N.Latitude) AS Latitude, N.Description & '' AS Description, N.ImagePath & '' AS ImagePath, N.Master, N.LoadOrder, N.Enabled, C.Name & '' AS CompanyName
FROM Node AS N LEFT JOIN Company AS C ON N.CompanyID = C.ID;

This fix may help with other issues too. If not then please provide me some more detail on the issues and if possible, please email me your .mdb file at mpthakka@tva.gov

Thank you for bringing this to our attention,

Mehul Thakkar

Jan 20, 2010 at 5:45 PM

Hello, thanks for your help!

The Historian list doesn't appear, I think it's not related to #1.

Just for the record, the outputstream configuration worked very well, Congratulations for the work!

It saves a lot of time! :)

I'm sending the config file!

Regards,

Luiz Henrique

Developer
Jan 21, 2010 at 1:43 PM

Hi Luiz,

For Historians screen, please check HistorianDetail query in the access database to see if it returns any records. For Measurements, please check MeasurementDetail query. Please let me know the results.

Thank you,
Mehul Thakkar

Jan 21, 2010 at 2:37 PM

The data is returned by HistorianDetail and MeasurementDetail query. Did you receive the config file? I sent yesterday, a .zip file.

I did a new configuration, and now everything is working fine. I used the default DEVARCHIVE historian name.

I noticed that in my config file, the islocal column is checked, but in the Historian screen, it's not.

Regards,

Luiz Henrique

Developer
Jan 21, 2010 at 4:59 PM

Hi Luiz,

Your email with attachment was blocked by exchange server. I looked at your access file and ran my development environment against it and encountered similar issues as yours. I have just checked in modified code to fix issues you have mentioned so far. Please get the latest code on openPDCManager and openPDCManagerServices. Let us know if you encounter anymore issues or have any suggestions.

Thank you,
Mehul Thakkar

Jan 22, 2010 at 7:41 PM

Great! :)

I have some more suggestions/issues , I hope it helps!

- The piechart, in the Home screen, changes the color when clicked, but not the labels.

- In Device Configuration Wizard, in step 1, selected both files, Clicked Next. In step 2, clicked Previous. In step 1 clicked Next again, it raised a Parse Error.

- In the screen Manage Output Stream Measurements, the Historian name doesn't appear.

- In Manage, Measurements, when editing any record, it doesn't select the Phasor Source.

That's it!

Thank you again!

Regards,

Luiz Henrique

http://192.168.2.56/openPDCManagerDe